Christmas is just around the corner and our beautiful city offers several spots where you can enjoy some beautiful lights and scenery, as well as great activities for the whole family to enjoy. Being in close proximity from these spots from our home in Dunbar is one of the biggest perks we enjoy as Vancouver Westside residents.
- Runs between November 30, 2018 ~ January 6, 2019 (refer to website for daily operation hours)
- Closed on X-mas Day (December 25th)
- Kid-friendly – has a train, bright lights, decoration, and a Santa photo centre!
With bright decorations and a train ride (which will be a blast for little kids) this is a family must-do for everybody! Stanley park is a walking distance from Coal Harbour (speaking of which, did you catch our post on Luxury Penthouses in Coal Harbour?)
Aurora Winter Festival
A much more extravagant event, the Aurora Winter Festival at the Concord Pacific Place in Vancouver has everything for both adults and children!
- Runs between November 23, 2018 ~ December 30th, 2018 (purchase tickets online)
- Skating rink + tube park + disco lounge
- Christmas market + food gardens + amusement rides
Festival of Lights at VanDusen Garden
A Vancouver classic, located near Kerrisdale/Dunbar/Shaughnessy/Cambie/Oakridge neighbourhoods of Vancouver featuring reindeer & Scandinavian gnomes, gingerbread wood, lantern alley and more!
- Runs between December 1, 2018 ~ January 7th, 2019 (4:30 pm to 9:00 pm daily, open until 10:00 pm between December 15~24th)
- Driving directions to VanDusen Gardens
- Fine dining at Shaughnessy Restaurant is an added bonus when you visit!